Survivor Day 682

mylastnameiscuadrado:
“ I sink a little more every day.
Me hundo un poco más cada día.
”Have you ever watched the show Survivor? In case you haven't, I'll give you a brief explanation. It's a reality TV show where a group of strangers are put together on an island in the middle of nowhere and compete with each other socially and physically to win challenges, and ultimately the title of "Sole Survivor" along with one million US dollars. All of this is done while acclimating to harsh uncomfortable conditions, no contact with their loved ones (no phones even), and playing a social game where they form alliances and team up against each other voting one person out at a time. 
When a person is voted out, they bring their torch to the host and he puts out their fire - as fire symbolizes life on Survivor.


1 year, 10 months and 12 days ago, my husband and I landed in Sri Lanka from the United States. And God really overwhelmed us with blessings in the form of baptisms, restorations and a the reassurance that we weren't crazy for giving up everything and moving here on the little experience I had of being a campus minister and co-leading a church with my husband for 3 months. There were hardships, but it all seemed like nothing with the excitement of being in a new place and getting the privilege of making disciples of all nations. 

1 year, 10 months and 12 days later, the fire in my heart has gotten a lot smaller. But this is blog will be recording the rekindling of my fire by the word of God, the Holy Spirit, and a deliberate effort to realign my thoughts, demolish lies, discouragement and occasional faithlessness I've fallen into and make them obedient to Christ.

Then their eyes were opened and they recognized him, and he disappeared from their sight. They asked each other, “Were not our hearts burning within us while he talked with us on the road and opened the Scriptures to us?” - Luke 24:31

- Little fire




Comments

Popular Posts